Women in Film & Television – Toronto (WIFT-T) is pleased to announce the inaugural Meridian Artists Agency Mentorship!
Meridian Artists is a premiere literary agency and leading entity in the Canadian entertainment industry.
Agenting is an area of the industry with very little training or education support available. We have programmed an exciting mentorship to provide an emerging WIFT-T member meaningful insight into how entertainment careers are started, built and managed. Meridian Artists is committed to supporting education in the industry through various events and sponsorship. As long time supporters of WIFT-T, we are pleased to be joining WIFT-T in this new venture.
– Glenn Cockburn, President, Meridian Artists Agency
As the chosen Meridian Artists mentee, you will be immersed in the agency for three weeks and learn firsthand how a select roster of the most talented writers, directors, and producers in North America are represented and managed:
- See how film and television writers’ careers are managed —whether they are emerging talent or senior level showrunners— with Glenn Cockburn, Film and Television Agent, and President of the Agency;
- Learn more about client management and development, generating ideas, preparing pitches and selling shows with Kerry Ball, Film and Television Agent, and Head of Development;
- Tap into the youth and animation markets with Bryce Mitchell, Film and Television Agent, and Head of Youth and Animation;
- Get a glimpse into the world of publishing with Amy Moore-Benson, Book Agent;
- See how clients are “pitched” for roles, learning how moment-to-moment decisions are made with Tovah Small and Derek Carkner, Talent Agents; and
- Experience the bullpen, an opportunity to see just how much work goes into managing the bureaucracy of a client’s career.
When does the mentorship take place?
The 2017 mentorship will take place from October 23 – November 10, 2017
What are the benefits?
- Comprehensive three-week mentorship at the Meridian Artists Agency
- $1,000 honorarium
- On-stage recognition at the Crystal Awards Gala Luncheon (December 5, 2017)
Who is eligible?
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Landed Immigrant
- WIFT-T member in good standing (may join at time of application)
- Female professional with at least two years (but less than five years) of screen-based industry experience; falling into our Entry cohort.
- Able to participate in all mentorship activities
- Must be able to complete a final report within two weeks of mentorship completion
What you need to apply:
- Headshot and professional bio
- Letter of intent
- Letter of reference
Deadline to submit your application:
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION – CLICK HERE