TORONTO – The pressure was on as esteemed MASTERCHEF CANADA judges Michael Bonacini, Claudio Aprile, and Alvin Leung revealed that Jen Jenkins, a stay at home mom from Dawson Creek, B.C., would be the sixth home cook to relinquish her apron and depart the MASTERCHEF CANADA Kitchen. With seven home cooks remaining in the competition, MASTERCHEF CANADA returns next week at a special time on Tuesday, May 22 at 8 p.m. ET / MT on CTV and CTV GO.
In the next all-new episode of MASTERCHEF CANADA, “Cooking with (Corner) Gas” (airing at a special time on Tuesday, May 22 at 8 p.m. ET / MT on CTV and CTV GO), the seven remaining MASTERCHEF CANADA home cooks are presented with a massive Mystery Box Challenge and receive a surprise when they are asked to prepare an elevated diner dish inspired by the cast of the hit comedy CORNER GAS ANIMATED. Then, the competition intensifies as the home cooks take on a classic MASTERCHEF CANADA Tag Team Challenge, leading to elimination.
The remaining Top 7 home cooks vying for the title of MASTERCHEF CANADA and the $100,000 cash prize are:
- Eugene Cheng, Financial Advisor and Rowing Coach from Vancouver, B.C.
- Kaegan Donnelly, Software Sales from Vancouver, B.C.
- Michael Griffiths, Mathematician from Richmond Hill, Ont.
- Andy Hay, Small Business Owner from Dartmouth, N.S.
- Marissa Leon-John, Tech Support Manager from Dollard–des–Ormeaux, Qué.
- Nadia Rehman, Account Executive from Markham, Ont.
- Beccy Stables, Tile Setter Assistant from Sherwood Park, Alta.