Global News Radio 770 CHQR
Interested in being part of and contributing to Calgary’s preeminent Talk Radio station? Global News Radio 770 CHQR has an amazing new opportunity for you! We’re looking for a full time Show Host that knows something about everything, never stops thinking about what the next topic and guest should be, is fearless and fun and always ready to dive into the news of the day.
Job Title: TALK SHOW HOST, SENIOR
Company: Global News Radio 770 CHQR
Work Status: Full Time Permanent
Location: Calgary Radio
About the Role:
We’re looking for an individual that knows ‘how to bring it home.’ The work and on-air responsibility will be centered on being part of the drive for thousands of Calgarians on their way home. The day part is much more than a wrap on what happened during the day. The successful candidate will know how to be part of people’s lives every weekday. If you’re not the consummate on-air performer, don’t bother applying! Working at our Calgary location, this Talk Show Host position is for a personality that is naturally engaging and entertaining and seamlessly interacts with the audience on-air, on-line and on-site. Reporting to the Director of Talk and Talent, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing compelling and entertaining content on all of the radio station’s platforms.
- Be a compelling on-air performer looking for stories about who we are and where we live.
- Know how to be part of everything Calgary. Understand community and keen to be ‘out there.
- Constantly searching for how to be a part of and serve our city.
- Flawlessly push and pull content on all the radio station’s platforms.
- Work collaboratively with the team on programming development
- Work on all Corus properties with a dual focus on radio and collaboration with Global News (TV)
- Be a tireless brand ambassador for 770 CHQR.
About You: What We Need From You
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- Curiosity dominates your DNA
- Life experience is a must
- Major market talk show and news experience considered an asset
- You are urgent and at times irreverent
- Context and story relevance drive your on-air performance
- Your hallmarks- dynamic, knowledgeable, flexible, thoughtful and acts with urgency
- Ability to curate stimulating conversations (sometimes with an edge…sometimes not)
- Astrong proficiency with Social Media on all platforms
- You are a Podcasting guru
If You Have the Following… We Want to Hear From You!
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
JULY 19TH, 2018
SUBMISSIONS INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1 – PLEASE EMAIL A RESUME, COVER LETTER & YOUR CONTACT INFO
2 – MENTION YOU SAW THIS NOTICE ON eBOSS CANADA
3 – PLEASE USE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE: SR. TALK SHOW HOST – <YOUR NAME>
(Subject Line Example: SR. TALK SHOW HOST – JOHN DOE)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.