Job Title: Publicist – Kids, Drama & Nelvana
Work status: Temporary (One Year Mat-Leave)
Location: Toronto, ON
Reports to: Publicity Manager, Kids & Drama, and Nelvana
About the Role
NOTE: This is a one year maternity leave contract commencing in May 2018
- Lead publicity efforts to further build the awareness and audience for Corus’ Kids & Drama networks, as well as its in-house animation studio, Nelvana.
- Develop and execute of strategic and creative communications plans for designated shows, ensuring alignment with Corus’ overall business strategies.
- Oversee and help execute drafting of publicity support materials – including press releases, key message documents, press kits, presentations and reports as required.
- Develop and manage relationships with content partners, independent producers, distributors and/or unit publicists in order to ensure delivery of appropriate promotional materials and effective execution of publicity strategy.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with network talent and liaise with them regularly, in order to build their profiles via interviews, public appearances, etc.
- Develop and manage relationships with new and traditional media locally, nationally, and internationally, in addition to the portfolio’s influencer programs.
- Manage all event planning as it pertains to overall publicity initiatives and specific show initiatives within this portfolio
- Coordinate and direct photo shoots for promotional use and manage photography for designated networks.
- Collaborate with third parties on promotional initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure all efforts are aligned and coordinated for priority series.
- Spearhead or assist in special projects as they pertain to overall departmental initiatives.
- Manage and develop skills of one direct report (publicity coordinator).
What We Need From You:
- Undergraduate degree in PR / Communications.
- Minimum of five years experience working in a media relations or publicity capacity, preferably in the entertainment or broadcasting industry.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven strategic planning skills with a clear understanding of the role of communications in achieving the overall business goals.
- Proven people management experience, with at least two years of managing direct reports.
- A track record of executing out-of-the-box ideas and strong, multiplatform media coverage.
- Strong working relationships with Canadian entertainment and lifestyle media across TV, radio and online
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills for teamwork and collaboration is a must.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Strong knowledge and experience with social media.
- Interest in and knowledge of Canadian broadcasting and media industries.
- Strong technical skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Photoshop.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
SUBMISSIONS INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1 – PLEASE EMAIL A RESUME, COVER LETTER & YOUR CONTACT INFO
2 – MENTION YOU SAW THIS NOTICE ON eBOSS CANADA
3 – PLEASE USE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE: PUBLICIST – <YOUR NAME>
(Subject Line Example: PUBLICIST – JOHN DOE)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We sincerely thank everyone for their submissions
but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to Michelle.McTeague@corusent.com.