The Telefilm Canada Feature Comedy Exchange is a high-level cross-border project and business accelerator for producers and their feature comedy properties. This initiative builds traction for comedy projects by offering producers, writers and their creative teams access to respected creative counsel as well as financing and packaging expertise from key decision-makers and comedy experts.
- Applications are now open
- Application Deadline: October 16, 2017
- 2017/2018 Comedy Exchange: Late November 2017 to June 2018 (on a part-time basis)
PROGRAM OBJECTIVES & DESIGN
This program seeks to support Canadian feature comedies and teams with varying viewpoints, such as those of female filmmakers and culturally diverse filmmakers.
This exchange is a part-time, individually-tailored initiative for three teams and their projects per year. It provides producers, writers and their creative teams with expert support, elevates a project’s creative and marketplace potential, and builds momentum across borders and within the international marketplace.
The Comedy Exchange is designed to:
- Deliver targeted one-on-one access to key comedy experts
- Advance the development and packaging of projects
- Provide tailored marketing and promotional strategies
- Broker countless creative and business opportunities
- Help catalyze interest and investment in projects
- Increase audience engagement and distribution potential
ACCESSIBILITY FOR ONTARIANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The CFC is committed to providing accessible practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or have any questions regarding appropriate accommodations please contact Deborah Fallows, CHRO, at: [email protected].